Ayinger Baririsch Pils

Saw this beer getting hyped big style on a few websites. Thought I would give it a go. Ticks a lot of boxes, it's German, it's a pilsner and it's quite well priced!

On first sight it's a pale lager. Smells of malts and small amount of yeast. First sip, it comes across quite dry (bit like Ashai if you've tried it), clean as a whistle as well. Very good first impressions.

Ayinger Pilsner

On the way down Ayinger maintains it's mildness and is full bodied, you can really taste it, definitely not watered down feel at all. I think this could be quite a good session beer as it's not too gassy and definitely drinkable. Little caveat is it's a 5% ABV and if you're anything like me, they can sneak up on you after a fair few!

Overall I would give this a 7/10. It's missing something special to make me want to go out and buy again immediately. It's still very good though and would recommend to any pilsner fan.

Comments