Krombacher Pils

To look at Krombacher Pils has a beautifully clear golden colour, frothy white head and very consistent fizz. Smells very light, no strong hops or grassiness which you can get with other lagers.

Initial sip is a beautifully clean and light taste, malt is the strongest taste in this German jewel. No strong bitterness with this Pilsner. Passes the 'AHH' taste with flying colours, which if you've read anything I have done before is a big thing for me. As it goes down the taste remains consistent and light, a very good sessional beer.

Whilst typing this I am having a vegan chilli which pairs perfectly. I think it could also pair very well with a curry. I am not vegan btw, far from it. It sometimes comes with a stigma I will preach, not the case!

27 degree heat. Got to be Krombacher!

This is yet another smashing example from Germany of a great lager. It's super clean and of the highest quality. Nothing to not like about it, just wish it was more accessible in smaller bottles in the UK. I have a 500ml bottle which I got from Beers of Europe (very good service and selection), it is available in a few supermarkets in 660ml, which is a size I am not a fan of. 330ml bottles please!!!

Overall I give this an 8/10. Smashing stuff.

Comments