Beavertown Nanobot

I watched the unveiling of this beer on Instagram live. The owner of Beavertown was giving a description of the beer which sold it to me. He was joined by someone in their creative team, ti was very interesting as they discussed the can designs. A bit of a staple in the Beavertown brand.

Anyway to the drink!

This is described at a 'super session IPA', this comes from the low 2.8% ABV. It's very low so that you can really session with it without getting overly drunk. Always a positive.

When during into the glass it looks very much like a normal session or standard IPA. Smell is a good amount of hops and citrus, was expecting less considering the lower ABV but Beavertown has made it normal as it would be with their stronger IPAs.

Initial taste is that it is lighter than a usual IPA like their Neck Oil for example (btw a very good beer!) almost like a 'diet IPA' to be crude. It does this well as other lighter beers taste watery, this beer does not.



Post 6k run, see if that adds to anything?


As I continued to drink it kept it's character and consistency throughout. A sign of quality in my eyes to ensure that it doesn't go flat and blurgh...

Overall, I like the idea of the 'super session' as it's low alcohol means you can enjoy a few on a week night or with a meal for example (another beer would be Camden's Weeknite Larger at 3% ABV). Only thing from me is that I don't think it would ever make my 'favourite list' as Nanobot just doesn't have enough to get there. I do like the beer a lot, I just don't love it.

I can imagine myself having this on a summer evening with a spontaneous BBQ. It has that type of vibe to it. Good work from Beavertown on this, solid 7/10.

Purchased from Sainsbury's

Comments