Beavertown Bloody 'Ell

This is one of Beavertown's core range of beers. I will admit that I have never tried any of the 'fruity IPA' beers before trying this. Though I would take a bit of a plunge and try something new. Playing it safe with Beavertown as they produce nothing but high quality!

It does say it is a 'Blood Orange IPA'. I am hoping it's not just a beery Fanta!

When in the glass it looks like your typical IPA with some small amount of haze. It smells much like an IPA and I will admit that there is a good hint of orange. On the first sip it's not overly hoppy, quite light in its taste in fact.

As it goes down you get more of the orange and 'juicy' elements of the beer. It's not over powering or a put off.


Beavertwon always have the best can design!


I think this is a good beer overall. Personally I would reach for a Beavertown Neck Oil over this one, just it's more to my taste. I'd give it a 6.5/10.

This rating my seem a bit low. It's likely because I am more a lager drinker, I can enjoy a Pale Ale or an IPA however I may not appreciate them as much as someone else.

Comments